Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February 2009

Wow where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday that we were celebrating Christmas. Just a few random updates.



Max has taken to sleeping with Woody during nap and night time. Our routine is to read two stories of his choosing, pretend that he's falling off the foot stool and I have to catch him, put him in his bed, give him a kiss, give Woody a kiss, and then also kiss each critter in the bed with him, as of now that would be Tigger, Mickey Mouse, Lightning McQuenn, and a stuffed tiger. He's been going to sleep great for me but for some reason gives Leslie a pretty hard time of it.

He's also counting to 13 or 14 pretty regularly now. Most recently he wants to use this skill to play hide and seek: he'll count to whatever number he finds appropriate, I remind him to close his eyes, he peeks through his hands, counts to a different number, and then comes to find us (usually me and Briggs), good times.


Briggs is almost finished with basketball season. They've had a winning season and I think have a tournament next week. It's the time of year where the sports are overlapping. We'll have a basketball game this Saturday and then baseball practice Saturday night. Then next week will be a mix of more baseball practices and the basketball tournament somewhere in between. He's doing really well in school with everything they ask of him. They don't quite do as much math as I'd like so we've been doing math sheets off an on for "fun" at night. I really think kids as a whole have gotten a lot smarter than when I was a kid that age, either that or I was really really stupid as a kid, probably a mix of both :-). We put the roof for his club house on this past weekend, we had left it off so that we could see up and out more easily but he decided he wanted it on. The boys both had fun as always just being outside and helping me here and there. I think we're all ready for spring when we can run around without our jackets on. That's about it for now I guess, just life as normal, sure can't complain about that.

1 comment:

J said...

Sounds like y'all are doing well. I love the sweet pictures!