Sunday, December 14, 2008

Garbagnal?

Ya know, very little surprises me anymore when it comes to the boys, and for good reason. The other night I'm sitting in my recliner, just enjoying another pleasant evening at home with the fam. I had let Briggs go to sleep with me in the recliner and then had later put him on the couch. It was probably between 10 and 11 at night and I was just reading and watching tv when all of sudden Briggs wakes up, as he's prone to do when he falls asleep away from a bed. No big deal. Usually he'll go to the fridge and get a drink of water or maybe go to the potty and then climb in bed. This night however he must have been sleeping pretty good because he got ALL messed up on where he was and what he needed to be doing where. So I'm sitting there not thinking anything is out of the ordinary when he walks toward the kitchen, until I hear a non-faucet like watery hissing sound that is... You know that feeling you get when you know what you're going to see when you find what it is that you're hearing, but you really really try to hope that you'll be wrong, we'll I had that feeling, again. I look and happy as you please Briggs is holding the trash can lid up like it's a toilet lid and he's happily making use of the "facilities" so to speak. I of course startle him back into reality and ask him what in the world did he think he was doing and he says he didn't know, goes into the REAL bathroom, finishes up, and then goes on to bed as if nothing happened. Les and I tried not to laugh so as to not encourage him, but in a very very messed up way, it was kind of funny, and I guess laughing is about all you can do in that situation. I can't wait to see what's next...

1 comment:

J said...

That is hilarious! Cracks me up! One night I heard MW crying and ran upstairs to see what the deal was...she was sitting on an upholstered chair in her bedroom, pajamas at her ankles, "going." Lovely. Just lovely!