Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Pictures


















They are growing so fast and we don't want to miss capturing a minute of it! I (Leslie) have been challenged to pray more for my children. I have been convicted that I do not pray for them nearly as much as I should, when it should be a high priority. I recently found this on another blog (like I have time to read about people I don't even know, but it's so fun , I don't do it alot and helps encourage me).

Anyway, it's a guideline for praying Scripture over your children seven times a day for seven days, but hopefully it will be something I continue to do. I did it with Max this morning by putting my hand on him and praying the prayer out loud while he was eating breakfast and he hugged me and smiled and said "amen." He totally knew I was praying for him. We all know how important it is to read to your child, or to give them good nutrition, or praise, but how much more should we do the things that make an eternal difference in the life of our children. So, here it is:

1. When they wake up: "Let the morning bring (child's name) word of your unfailing love, for he (or her) has put his trust in You. Show him the way he should go, for to you he lifts up his soul." Adapted from Psalm 143:8
2. When they are getting dressed: "Therefore as God's chosen child, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Lord, help him bear with others and forgive whatever grievances he has against others. Help him forgive as the Lord forgave him. And over all these virtues, help him put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Adapted from Colossians 3:12-14
3. While they are eating: "Teach (child's name) the secret of being content in any and every situation whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Teach him that he can do everything through Him who gives him strength." Adapted from Phillipians 4:12-13
4. When they go out of the house: "(Name), do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing, perfect will." Adapted from Romans 12:2
5. While they are taking a bath: "Lord, give (name) clean hands and a pure heart, and let him not lift his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. Let him receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God his Savior. Let him be part of a generation of those who seek your face, O God of Jacob." Adapted from Psalm 24:4-6
6. When they are going to bed: "The Lord your God is with you; he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Adapted from Zephaniah 3:17
7. While they are sleeping: "I pray that (name) will do everything without complaining or arguing, so that he may become blameless and pure, a child of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which he shines like a star in the universe as he holds out the word of life- in order that he may boast on the day of Christ that he did not run or labor for nothing." Adapted from Phillipians 2:14-16

I want to pray these same things over myself, over my husband.

Although come to think of it, Rod might look at me pretty funny if I stand in front of the shower while he is taking a bath and pray for him to have clean hands.....and I'm pretty much snoring while he is getting dressed...........I never cook him breakfast....................hmmm...maybe I could find other verses to pray for him. And he could pray for me to be a better wife who cooks him breakfast once in a while!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the pictures of briggs and max. that is a great thing to do for our children and i will try to do it as well.
thanks for posting it,
brooke