Thursday, September 11, 2008

You're Freakin Me Out!



I've never done any "official" research on the subject, but I'm pretty sure that talking in one's sleep is hereditary. The Cude boys for some reason can (against our will) actually carry out conversations in our sleep. I can vividly remember as a child asking my Dad for some coke (a controlled delicacy at that age) while he would be taking a nap, knowing that I could probably get him to answer "yes" while he was asleep. I can vividly remember being "corrected" for doing so as well, since I knew I wasn't supposed to do that, ahem. My most famous moment for me talking in my sleep, besides the usual, came during my years of working at Sony. Maybe it has something to do with being in a really really tired deep sleep, I don't know. But one night back then Leslie "claims" that I sat straight up in the bed and starting yakking in Japanese for some time and she couldn't get me to shut up. My waking Japanese is pretty bad, there is no telling how bad my sleeping Japanese is. ANYWAY...I say all that to document Briggs and Max both carrying on this tradition. Obviously Max to a pretty small degree just yet, but it has come out at times during his sleep, we'll monitor to see how it progresses or digresses depending upon your point of view. Briggs on the other hand is a lost cause. I wish we had documented over the years all the crazy stuff he's said while asleep, there've been a lot of good ones. His latest one that prompted my "oh yeah, I should document this" moment was the other night. Out of the blue he half wakes up and says "You're freakin me out!" which to Les and I was hilarious at the time b/c of the way he said it with such enthusiasm. If you're looking for some cheap entertainment you can always prod him a little when he's asleep and start talking to him, he'll almost always talk back, but you can't be guaranteed what kind of response you'll get and you'd probably be bordering on violating some parental rules for child aggrevation or something. I'll throw in some more beach pics to make this posting a little more lively, there's no doubt that those two are Cude's through and through...


1 comment:

Scott said...

HAHAHA...that is funny stuff...:)