Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Autumn ( by Leslie)



It's finally here, our favorite time of year. The days are getting cooler and we are loving playing outside. Some of us are enjoying football, Roll Tide, and some of us just enjoy hearing the final score. All of our birthdays are coming up in the fall, beginning with Max's this weekend. I have been baking Max's cake and letting him practice blowing out his candles. I think we are ready for his birthday; I know Max is because he has been acting like he was two for the past few weeks now.

We have been busy, soccer games every Saturday morning, practices on Tuesday nights. I finished decorating the house for fall, which is almost as fun as decorating for Christmas. Lots of pumpkins, acorns, and pinecones and the smell of cinnamon all over the house (except for yesterday which was the smell of burnt pancakes, I got distracted getting Briggs' clothes ready. Actually I forgot about it until Briggs said, "mom what about my other pancake?") I am moving along on getting fall clothes made, even Rod thinks they are turning out cute. I've been trying to get better at taking pictures, with trips to the botanical gardens and Mt. Laurel, and any other place that looks interesting. Briggs still loves school and has received three "recognitions" for good behavior. He absolutely beams when he gets in the car with his recognition stuck to his shirt with a sticker. It is unbelievable the rate at which he is learning. The other night he told me that when he sees some girls he knows in the hall and they say "hey" he just covers his face so he doesn't have to look at them. He has a long way to go......




Max is learning new words everyday. He has even started saying two and three word phrases. He has gotten really good at jumping on the trampoline and loves for me to help him do "fips" on it.




No comments: